|Episode 301: Knight of the Drones|
|Air Date||September 30, 1984|
|Written by||Robert Foster|
Episode 221: Big Iron
Episode 302: The Ice Bandits
Jim Brown as C.J. Jackson
Barbara Stock as Margo Sheridan
Jared Martin as Dr. David Halston
Evan C. Kim (credited as Evan Kim) as Peter Wong
David Paul (as The Barbarian Brothers as Clifton
Peter Paul (as The Barbarian Brothers) as Turk
Joan Chen as Su-Lin
Wood Moy as Fong
Harry D.K. Wong as Ho Chin
Eva Gholson as Babette
Michael meets up with Bonnie at a university research center in San Francisco to convince her to return to the Foundation. Elsewhere, a criminal mastermind named Margo Sheridan rounds up high-tech criminals (including Bonnie's college advisor) to pull a robbery at the Federal Reserve Bank. Halfway through the episode, KITT gets destroyed by a rocket shot at his exhaust system.
Bonnie rebuilds K.I.T.T., giving him new improvements including the newly designed dashboard and the Anamorphic Synthesiser. Later, Michael faces off with Margo Sheridan, David Halston, and his robotic drone cars that he unleashes to eliminate him.
- After many fan complaints when the character of Bonnie was dropped from the series for season two, Patricia McPherson returned to reprise the role in this episode.
- What has become of April is not mentioned.
- It's explained in this episode that Wilton Knight and The Foundation had someone other than Michael in mind for the position as KITT's driver. A one Ken Franklin, who Devon discribed as being very similar to Michael. The only notable diffrence apparantly being that Franklin was not a police officer.
- The opening credits are unique for this episode and feature shots of KITT from previous seasons so as not to show the new design he would acquire during this episode.
- Though one two hour episode, it airs as a two-parter in syndication.